Krishna Gahatraj
Up
::

Here, I do not like to go with the existing policies (both national and international) and theories as why we should work for the education of children with disabilities instead I would like to focus on how aspect. Being a person with lived experience of disability and as well as from low-income country, one of the most crucial area to be equipped is empowering school teachers. School teachers lack adequate knowledge and skills of teaching techniques to the students with diverse capacities. Many such low and middle income countries follow one state-led policy for education system. This system mostly focuses on only one type of teaching practice i.e. teaching students in classroom writing in black/white board only. And, taking the exam in paper in a writing format that qualifies the successes and unsuccess. This sort practices has to be changed. Hence, here comes two things most importantly –

a) Invest or support such low and middle income countries to reform their education policies that include all means all children regardless of any identities and differences.

b) Invest in empowering school teachers who require adequate knowledge to screen students capabilities so that they can adopt their teaching methodologies based on individual learning capacity focused approach.

I think, these two areas significantly support to promote inclusive education for children with disabilities in low and middle income countries.

Thanks.