Each month CIP invites an expert to pose an important question dealing with some aspect of inclusive policies.
We then invite all of you to participate in an on-line written discussion. At the end of the month, our expert will summarize the main results of that discussion in a blog. If you would like to pose a “question of the month” please write to us on our contact page.
THIS MONTH’S QUESTION
How can the disability community strategically engage in discussions on the care economy to advance independent living and community support for persons with disabilities?
THIS MONTH’S CURATOR
- This topic is empty.
Author: Diana Samarasan The April Forum focused on the intersection of gender and disability. Contributors responded to the question, “What are the external and internal barriers for organizations of persons with disabilities, and especially women with disabilities, to be involved…
Author: Andrew Lange The November forum discussion was intended to highlight the important role of government to provide affordable and accessible housing for people with disabilities, and how data can help identify participants and at which rates. The discussion began…
Follow our other open discussions:
- Last Post
UpHow can the disability community strategically engage in discussions on the care economy to advance independent living and community support for persons with disabilities?0
- 4 weeks, 1 day ago
UpAre OPDs responding to the increased demand for their advice in implementing the CRPD? If so, provide examples. If not, what is needed? And how can the voices of children and youth be better incorporated?0
- 1 month, 4 weeks ago
UpHow can we increase the level of engagement between the OPDs and UNCTs to…2
- 2 months, 3 weeks ago
- What do you think is the most under-researched topic when it comes to inclusive policies?
- 4 months, 1 week ago
- How can we best build effective cooperation between Organizations of People with Disabilities and governments? Do you have any successful examples?
- 6 months ago
- What’s the role of popular culture (art, film, music, sports) in the disability rights movement? What are the opportunities and challenges?
- 7 months, 1 week ago
- What are the challenges to providing quality higher education for persons with disabilities in low and middle income countries and what would be the effective approaches to eliminate barriers to reduce dropout and improve quality higher education?
- 7 months, 4 weeks ago
- How do we ensure that governments in developing countries fulfill their constitutional mandate in making societies inclusive for persons with disabilities and how can development partners influence governments in taking ownership of disability inclusion?
- 8 months, 3 weeks ago
- What is the gap between policy and practice in disability rights and access in low and middle income countries and what can be done to close it?
- 10 months, 1 week ago
- What are the external and internal barriers for organizations of persons with disabilities, and especially women with disabilities, to be involved in policy discussions impacting on gender equality at national and global levels?
- 1 year ago
- How can development agencies, the UN Agencies, INGOs, governments and other development partners ensure that OPDs meaningfully participate in matters related to their development and priorities, especially in matters of policy and implementation?
- 1 year, 1 month ago
- How can ODP’s and CSO work more efficiently with large development partners and financial institutions (i.e. the World Bank, the IDB, the Africa Development Bank and Asia Development bank); to ensure that disability inclusion is addressed and that persons with disabilities are engaged meaningfully in project design and implementation?
- 1 year, 3 months ago