Each month CIP invites an expert to pose an important question dealing with some aspect of inclusive policies.
We then invite all of you to participate in an on-line written discussion. At the end of the month, our expert will summarize the main results of that discussion in a blog. If you would like to pose a “question of the month” please write to us on our contact page.
THIS MONTH’S QUESTION
How can we best build effective cooperation between Organizations of People with Disabilities and governments? Do you have any successful examples?
THIS MONTH’S CURATOR
Abdus Sattar Dulal
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week ago by .
- Last Post
- How can we best build effective cooperation between Organizations of People with Disabilities and governments? Do you have any successful examples?
- 1 week ago
- What’s the role of popular culture (art, film, music, sports) in the disability rights movement? What are the opportunities and challenges?
- 1 month, 1 week ago
- What are the challenges to providing quality higher education for persons with disabilities in low and middle income countries and what would be the effective approaches to eliminate barriers to reduce dropout and improve quality higher education?
- 2 months ago
- How do we ensure that governments in developing countries fulfill their constitutional mandate in making societies inclusive for persons with disabilities and how can development partners influence governments in taking ownership of disability inclusion?
- 2 months, 3 weeks ago
- What is the gap between policy and practice in disability rights and access in low and middle income countries and what can be done to close it?
- 4 months, 1 week ago
- What are the external and internal barriers for organizations of persons with disabilities, and especially women with disabilities, to be involved in policy discussions impacting on gender equality at national and global levels?
- 6 months, 4 weeks ago
- How can development agencies, the UN Agencies, INGOs, governments and other development partners ensure that OPDs meaningfully participate in matters related to their development and priorities, especially in matters of policy and implementation?
- 8 months ago
- How can ODP’s and CSO work more efficiently with large development partners and financial institutions (i.e. the World Bank, the IDB, the Africa Development Bank and Asia Development bank); to ensure that disability inclusion is addressed and that persons with disabilities are engaged meaningfully in project design and implementation?
- 10 months ago
- How can OPDs and NGOs work with researchers to produce results that can support real change towards inclusion? What are the barriers to doing so? Can you cite any good examples of this practice?
- 11 months, 1 week ago
- How should data be used to inform policy that addresses the disability gap in accessible affordable housing for people with disabilities? Should subsidized housing be restricted to certain types of disabilities?
- 12 months ago
- What do climate-focus agencies need to be doing to ensure the inclusion of persons with disabilities in their work, and what should disability organisations need to be doing to ensure a focus on climate in their work?
- 1 year, 1 month ago
- What are the best and most practical steps that low and middle income countries can take to support persons with disabilities to cover the diversity of their disability related costs by 2030?
- 1 year, 2 months ago
- What are the main factors behind the successes or failures of efforts to promote inclusion?
- 1 year, 3 months ago
Author: Diana Samarasan The April Forum focused on the intersection of gender and disability. Contributors responded to the question, “What are the external and internal barriers for organizations of persons with disabilities, and especially women with disabilities, to be involved…
Author: Andrew Lange The November forum discussion was intended to highlight the important role of government to provide affordable and accessible housing for people with disabilities, and how data can help identify participants and at which rates. The discussion began…
Author: Dr Maria Kett Thank you to all of you who contributed to the discussion around what climate-focus agencies need to be doing to ensure the inclusion of persons with disabilities in their work, and what disability organisations need to…