Each month CIP invites an expert to pose an important question dealing with some aspect of inclusive policies.
We then invite all of you to participate in an on-line written discussion. At the end of the month, our expert will summarize the main results of that discussion in a blog. If you would like to pose a “question of the month” please write to us on our contact page.
THIS MONTH’S QUESTION
Are OPDs responding to the increased demand for their advice in implementing the CRPD? If so, provide examples. If not, what is needed? And how can the voices of children and youth be better incorporated?
THIS MONTH’S CURATOR
- Last Post
- What do climate-focus agencies need to be doing to ensure the inclusion of persons with disabilities in their work, and what should disability organisations need to be doing to ensure a focus on climate in their work?
- 1 year, 4 months ago
- What are the best and most practical steps that low and middle income countries can take to support persons with disabilities to cover the diversity of their disability related costs by 2030?
- 1 year, 5 months ago
- What are the main factors behind the successes or failures of efforts to promote inclusion?
- 1 year, 6 months ago
- What strategies work for ensuring persons with disabilities get access to livelihood or employment opportunities?
- 1 year, 7 months ago
- How can we best support the education of children with disabilities in low and middle income countries?
- 1 year, 9 months ago
Author: Dr Maria Kett Thank you to all of you who contributed to the discussion around what climate-focus agencies need to be doing to ensure the inclusion of persons with disabilities in their work, and what disability organisations need to…
Author: Dr. Mohammed Ali Loutfy Fifteen years after the ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, there is no doubt about the level of progress taking place regarding the recognition of persons with disabilities as one…
Author: Tom Shakespeare, Professor of Disability Research, LSHTM. Thanks to everyone who contributed to our discussion of interventions to remove barriers to employment of persons with disabilities. It was very interesting to learn from Kamal Lamichhane how high the wage…